New inthinc Portal Scores Commercial Drivers in Real Time, Recognizes Safe Behavior
SALT LAKE CITY - March 2, 2011 - inthinc Technology Solutions Inc., a global company centered on telematics, fleet solutions and driving safety, today launched the new inthinc Portal for its driver safety and fleet management solutions. The Web-based reporting system provides commercial fleets with a way to increase driver safety and monitor organizational compliance by monitoring speed, aggressive driving, seatbelt use, idle time and other risky or inefficient driving behavior.
Developed in part to help commercial fleet owners meet the Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA)standards definded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, the inthinc Portal collects behavioral data from devices (inthinc waySmart and inthinc tiwiPro) in individual vehicles. The data is then analyzed to generate driver 'scores' in real time, providing fleet managers with the information they need to reward top drivers - or determine the area of additional training needed for low-performing drivers. The portal also collects GPS information so fleet managers can see driver location in real time.
"There are several disparate driving safety technologies in the market today; one-dimensional GPS technologies, monitoring technologies and fleet tracking systems, for example," said Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc Technology Solutions. "Our technology connects all aspects of fleet management to provide a comprehensive solution - and the inthinc Portal serves as the reporting backbone that makes it possible."
Some of the features the new inthinc Portal now offers include:
- Real-time Dashboards: Driver safety and performance monitoring on both an individual or team basis
- Real-time GPS Vehicle trip data or "breadcrumbing": Immediate insight into route detours or instances of unsafe driving behavior.
- Live Fleet view: Driver proximity to defined locations as well as time spent at a particular location.
- Fuel Efficiency (MPG) data: Understanding of how vehicle use and speed can be optimized to reduce fuel costs.
- Stop Report: Insight into when vehicles arrived at a destination, when they departed, how long they were there and see both the idle and 'wait' time associated with each stop.
- IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting: Automated reports to aid commercial fleets in tax reporting.
- Hours of Service Logs: Electronic HOS log reporting available to help organizations comply with federal regulations.
The inthinc Portal is now available to all inthinc customers and for all inthinc commercial applications.
inthinc is a global company centered on telematics, fleet solutions and driving safety. Its breakthrough driving safety solutions are designed to safeguard lives, save money and protect the environment. inthinc technology dramatically improves driver behavior and has been documented to reduce accidents by more than 80 percent. For more information, please visit http://www.inthinc.com.