Construction Pros - inthinc Introduces Fleet Management, Driver Safety Solution
03/23/2011 - inthinc Technology Solutions Inc., a global telematics company centered on, fleet management and driving safety solutions, today released new applications geared specifically toward the construction industry. Currently being showcased at the CONEXPO show in Las Vegas this week, inthinc's construction solution combines core driver safety and fleet management capabilities with real-time reporting on fuel consumption, idle time, remote-area satellite connectivity and fixed asset tracking.
"Construction companies have several types of vehicles with various uses and operational challenges," said Todd Follmer, CEO, inthinc Technology Solutions. "We have developed a solution that not only keeps drivers safe regardless of vehicle type, but that also provides management with the tools they need to monitor asset location and vehicle utilization."
Among the features inthinc offers its construction customers include:
- Insight into idle time and fuel consumption
- Real-time, in-cab verbal coaching for drivers of commercial construction vehicles
- Vehicle log-in and electronic hours-of-service tracking
- GPS 'live fleet' view and trips reporting
- Global satellite communications coverage for remote work site connectivity
- Asset tracking capabilities for trailers, large vehicle accessories or other fixed assets