Title: Product Owner
Summary: inthinc Technology Solutions, Inc. is a global company centered on driver safety, fleet management and compliance. Its breakthrough driving safety solutions are designed to safeguard lives, save money and protect the environment. inthinc technology dramatically improves driver behavior and has been documented to reduce accidents by more than 80 percent.
Environment: Our development environment is agile. The product owner is a development role for a person who represents the business as well as the user community and is responsible for working with the stakeholders to determine the direction of the product on all levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the vision and direction for products and services of the company and convey that vision to the team.
- Must work with end users and stakeholders to maintain a clear understanding of customer needs while balancing those needs with the short and long term goals of the product.
- Create and manage the short and long term product roadmap.
- Responsible for successfully starting all development projects.
- Manage user story and defect flow: Managing feature, defect and hardware backlogs as prioritized features list for the product
- Leading release and iteration planning meetings; working with the development teams to prioritize work items, determine capacities, and define deadlines to achieve product release goals.
- Accepting or rejecting work results
- Adjusting work items and priorities as needed after each iteration or release.
- Monitoring development outcome vs. development planning and defining optimization solutions
- Write, communicate, and maintain product management processes
Skills and Languages:
- Solid understanding of users, the marketplace, the competition and monitoring developing trends for the domain or type of system being developed
- Ability to articulate product requirements both written and verbally with cross functional teams
- Must be able to communicate to stakeholders on all levels regarding product progress
- Solid understanding of the Agile and Sprint process
- Ability to use a variety of software packages including..
- Development Tracking/Kanban (CA Agile Central)
- MS Office
- Wireframe and Mockup (Balsamiq, graphics software)
Experience and Education
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of development process related experience
- BS degree or equivalent practical work experience